R. Scott Barker
Licensed Professional Counselor
Licensed Behavior Specialist
Child, adolescent and family counseling...in the comfort and convenience of your own home
Scott takes an eclectic approach with his clients, based on their individual needs. He blends methods and interventions into a treatment plan that will be sound, effective and efficient.
Scott has worked extensively with children with ADHD and Oppositional tendencies, and specializes in supporting children and adults on the Autism Spectrum. His experience includes supporting individuals with anxiety and depressed mood.
Working in Pennsylvania's "wraparound" system, Scott has provided client observation and consult in school and residential settings, and is available to make "house calls" and provide individual and family therapy in your home.
Scott's services include the following:
- DSM 5 Diagnosis
- Medical referral for prescription medication
- Individual and family therapy
- School observation and consult (including IEP review and participation in IEP meetings)
- Development of customized materials for your child including visual schedules, goal charts and token economies, behavioral agreements and social stories
- Crisis planning and recommendation regarding emergency hospitalization